Wednesday 21 January 2015

10 Eye Makeup Disasters

So I am in no way, in any shape or form a trained makeup artist, I have however taught myself like the majority of girls and boys and gained a passion for it. Somethings niggling me though. I'm starting to find some makeup looks slllliiiightly annoying.
These, in my opinion, are eye makeup disasters.
LETS HAVE A LOOK

1. 'Panda Eyes'

Before
After
I think everyone who starts using makeup ALWAYS starts with this look. I am ashamed to admit it but I started doing this and thought I looked amazing when in actual fact, I looked like a walking corpse. I am really pale and slathering black eyeshadow and black kohl pencil all around my eyes didn't help. What I did was literally draw a black circle around my eye and filled in the gaps with eyeshadow. Growing up, I have found many complementary looks for different skin tones and eyes but I've also found that with the right blending techniques, the 'panda eye' look can look amazing. Taylor Momsen is a prime example for this look. 
2. 'Instagram Eyebrows'


So has anyone else seen the 'Instagram Eyebrow'? Its when you draw the outline of your eyebrow around your actual eyebrow, fill it in like you would with a colouring book BUT you must not forget the gradient beginning. I mean, whos eyebrows start with a ombre effect? Everyone has hair there for a reason, ITS MENT TO BE THERE! I over tweeze my eyebrows so I fill them in with a brown eyeshadow and use a spoolie to brush the colour through, that way, your eyebrows look fuller without them looking drawn on. Anastasia Beverley Hills does fantastic eyebrow products or if you are looking for a drugstore alternative, Soap and Glory Archery in Brownie points is a light enough brown to suit any colour eyebrow and its a felt tip which means you can draw in little hairs to make your eyebrow look alot more natural.

3. 'Highlighted Eyelids'


I don't see anyone talking about this. It must just annoy me. I assume most people know where highlighter goes if you have some knowledge of makeup. I put highlighter on the highest dimensions on my face where natural light would usually hit it. I have incredibly dry skin so anything to make my face look glowing and dewy helps. This just looks..... strange.
4. 'Clumpy Eyelashes'


Don't get me wrong, when it comes to putting mascara on I can sit there for at least half hour and put coat after coat on until my eyelashes are as long as a Kylie Jenners. When your eyelashes start to look like mini spider legs though, thats when you need to question yourself, 'Is it halloween yet?'

5. 'White Undereye Concealer


I am all for light concealer underneath your eyes to make them pop and to make you look more awake but when it looks like your face have tanned quicker than your eyes, you need to ask yourself, 'Is the reverse raccoon look worth it?'  

6. 'Wonkey Eyeliner'

This accentuates your lash line and would take about 10-15 minutes to do 
This makes your eye look droopy and would take you 1-2 minutes to do 
If you ask a pefectionist who wears eyeliner why it takes so long here's the reason why:

7. 'Sperm Eyebrows'


I over tweeze my eyebrows and they somewhat resemble 'sperm eyebrows' without any product on them. I learnt using products such as Anastasia Beverley Hills dip brow with a fine angled brush to draw little hairs onto your eyebrows can really make your eyebrows look natural again. However, when products are used to follow the shape of the 'sperm eyebrow' you can look constantly surprised.

8. 'Eyeshadow Fall out'

So we all know eyeshadow fall out is one of the most annoying things to happen when applying eyeshadow and pigments. There are shields available to prevent this from happening but if you're like me and are always in a rush you will inevitably get fallout, forget about it and slowly look as if you got two black eyes.

9. 'Cellotape Lines'

Personally, I prefer eyeshadow blended out to nothing. It looks so much more natural and I understand why cellotape is used to give yourself a sharper look but does anyone else find it to uniformed? 


10. 'OTT False Eyelashes'


I LOOOOOOVE false eyelashes (anything to make my eyes look like Kylie Jenners) but when your false eyelashes touch your eyebrows, its time to take them off, no-one likes the drag queen effect, unless you're a drag queen, then ROCK IT!

This is my very first blog so I hope you enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for reading, zoeelizabethdowden x 


No comments:

Post a Comment